working meta42
Mar 29, 2003 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jim_Steinbacher

New Head-Fier
finally got the meta42 i've been working on running, and its friggin amazing. before this i've never had an amp and the difference is like night and day.. suprisingly so because people have said that they couldnt notice much of a difference at first, but i guess my setup was just dying for one. (my setup should just die period, it generally consists of an onboard sound card, medium quality mp3s, and a pair of plantronics 90s, but this amp has made it all a dozen times better.)

many thanks to tangent for the notes on it all, if i'd read them right the first time everything would have made sense, hehe. posts here clarified most of it to the point where even i got it though. also have to say that the board was an absolute pleasure to work with.

only things left now are to possibly put a pot in there for adjustable gain, unless that would totally muck things up, and get it to stop humming when there's no signal, although thats only at fairly loud volume levels. i'm guessing i just need to turn the gain Way down because right now its at 10 and unless i keep all the volume adjustments on everything pretty low it'll kill my ears and my POS headphones all in one. lol, and maybe i'll get a case on it someday, right now i'm happy just to leave the thing naked, and it doesnt seem to mind much either.

thanks again to everybody for having this forum around, and to tangent and morsel for the board, like i said, it was an absolute beauty

Mar 31, 2003 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 3
My top three bets for the source of that hum are the sound card, the power supply, and the monitor. The first is easy but expensive to fix, the second you were warned about in the docs, and the third can be fixed by putting the amp in a metal box.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back