Work headphones that don't suck?
Oct 9, 2023 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iwobobul

New Head-Fier
Hey all! I am looking to get a new pair of headphones for my wife, 200USD budget, has to be new.

I am looking for something that could be used both wired and wireless, and also support voice calls (she does a lot of Zoom, mic could be on the cable or inside headphones).

I understand this is not necessarily the studio equipment/hifi question and I apologize for that, but I have posted on less pro-audio-oriented forums and people are suggesting to buy Beats :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Funnily enough, the Beats Studio Pro is not a half-bad option if wireless is necessary. But it is outside your budget, and despite it being labeled over-ears, it can be on-ears depending on the wearer’s head size.

For $200, maybe the Anker Soundcore Space Q45 Wireless?

Or the Bose QC35II, and a separate Ablet boom mic cable? It might tip over your budget just a little ($190 for headphones, $20 for cable).

Oct 9, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks! Anker seems to be close to what she likes in terms of design language.
Mind you, I found that with googling. I don't have firsthand experience so I can't say more.

Oct 9, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 5
The Anker is a warm profile, even with the preset EQ profiles I wasn't thrilled with them. Bose 45s are comfort kings, sound better and go deep dive on sale every black Friday. They've been starting that sale earlier each year.
The best value is the Hyperx Cloud Stinger Core wireless. If you don't install the software, set windows to stereo with no enhancements, you'd be surprised how good they sound. Also Godzilla battery life, and a boom mic that auto mutes when you flip it up for privacy. Can use it each day and I just had to charge it twice a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back