Woo WA7tp vs Cayin iDAC-6/iHA-6 with Audeze LCD3
Aug 30, 2017 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hyperism

Head-Fier
Hi guys, I own the WA7tp and roll with obviously limited set of tubes...I'm getting a bit bored by the Woo AMP and would like to go solid state-ish (I know the Cayin has mini tubes inside)...

It feels like the LCD3 is not being pushed well to what it's capable of, and was thinking of getting a Cayin iDAC-6 and iHA-6 combo.

Any thoughts on the Cayins? Or is there any other recommendations?

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 6
Bumping this because I am also considering this duo for my new LCD 3. Innerfidelity claims pretty great things about this duo, but I'd also like to hear someone's opinion here on the forums. I know there is another thread, but I'd like to hear some specific ideas with the LCD3 and the WA7 comparison.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 6
I use the iHA 6 / iDAC combo with my LCD 2 closed back and love it. Also used it with LCD X. This amp can push virtually any headphone. Also have the HA 1A MK 2. I like to use them together with the HA 1A MK 2 as the preamp!

IMG_5967.jpg

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #5 of 6
hello in conclusion with all of my headphone testing, high/low ouput impedance via high/low gain, single ended/balanced with volume matching, sound almost and exactly 100% similar. Difficult to tell and determine actual difference without true a/b test and am sorry, they sound exactly the same with THX 789 though IHA 6 has more volume headroom. However with 32 ohms, low output sounded louder than the high output. I do not know why, but they sound the same when try to volume matching. And the 120 ohm jack, also sound good. So am quite confused why that is because its not suppose to happen. I dont understand the engineering reasoning behind the cause of this regardless objective or subjective experience.

Could not find standalone Cayin IHA-6 thread.

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #6 of 6
I use the iHA 6 / iDAC combo with my LCD 2 closed back and love it. Also used it with LCD X. This amp can push virtually any headphone. Also have the HA 1A MK 2. I like to use them together with the HA 1A MK 2 as the preamp!

IMG_5967.jpg
How would you explain your experience with 15 ohm and 120 ohm jack ? Especially with your Audeze planar or other headphone if you own them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back