Wondering how much interest there would be...
Sep 23, 2002 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Magicthyse

Better to look good than to sound good!
In a shootout between the Sennheiser HD280 Pro, Beyerdynamic DT250-80, and the Sony MDR-7506, with a couple of curveballs - the Sony Eggo Pro MDR-D66SL and the Technics RP-DJ1200A - thrown in.

I don't think anyone's done a direct comparison of the three, have they? Most of the commends I've read with two or more phones refer to opinions from memory of one or more of them - not actually sitting in front of the phones.

Apart from the MDR-7506, which I should have in a couple of weeks, I already have all the other phones.

The phones will be rated anew, separately from the portable phones review that some of you may know I did for the guys at Minidisc T-Forums.

Sep 23, 2002 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 7
I just nicked a pair of 7506 from the editing room on my school and would really like to know how they are compared to the d66 eggo's as I find the 7506 lacking in portabillity due to the massive cord.

Sep 23, 2002 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 7
I really don't think we need any more reviews
rolleyes.gif

Seriously - Hell Yes! - inquiring minds want to know...

I compared the Senns with the Beyers directly but a more in-depth review with other's thrown in the mix would have helped me avoid the comparison altogether had I read it before I bought them both. I bet it will help others.

These phones that you cite are a far cry from 'portable' - maybe 'transportable' but I wouldn't spin them as portable or you might get a lot of flack on that issue. - just my $.02

Do it up!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2002 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 7
Oh I fully agree, runswithscissors - but I'm not the one spinning them as portable.

To prove my point, just drop in a question for decent phones for portable listening here and see what you get (apart from the KSC-35 of course). The phones were specifically included in my reviews because other people recommend them for portable use - not me.

It'll take quite an effort so I'd need some assurance that it would be prominently featured I guess - either that or people here stop recommending these for anything and everything...

If I was to undertake the shootout, I'd compare home, PC and portable uses.

Sep 23, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
In a shootout between the Sennheiser HD280 Pro, Beyerdynamic DT250-80, and the Sony MDR-7506, with a couple of curveballs - the Sony Eggo Pro MDR-D66SL and the Technics RP-DJ1200A - thrown in.

I don't think anyone's done a direct comparison of the three, have they?

I've posted a few comparisons of the three (DT-250, HD 280 Pro, V6/7506).

Sep 23, 2002 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Oh really? You didn't come up in my search. No need to do one then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back