Wiring a neutrik jack
Jan 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Huxley

1000+ Head-Fier
Can anyone help me out here, im wiring up my first diy job a 3.5mm male to ra female both neutrik, i have done a lovely job on the ra female that cardas solder is real easy to work with.

However i need to know which end goes where for the male and female so i i have the right channels at each end, i have a multitester at hand so i know which is which i just need to know where the go, ground is kind of obvious of course, can i assume with the points facing upwards that left is left right is right, is it that simple, both jacks facing away from me of course.

A picture would be greatly appreciated, i'll post mine when it's finished of course.
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 5
huh, you have a multitester then stick a male in the female without the barrel and check.....

I actually think from memory its just right for right and left for left. can check if you like, but test it or look up the datasheet, you gotta start to use them now your DIY

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 5
I know which end of the cable is which what i mean is i don't want to solder the right on the female to the left on the male, then again can i assume that they're both the same so they'll be the same no matter what.

Sorry if i seem vague, it's my first time please be gentle.
wink.gif

You know what, i think i have it sussed anyway.

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #4 of 5
read my post again, I mention nothing about finding out which end of the cable. if you put a male mini into the female mini with the barrel off, you can test which is which. pretty straight forward

Jan 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Oh silly me of course, well i figured it out in the end and finished last night though i had to lose some of the heatshrink as it made the connectors very hard to fit.

Quite chuffed actually, least it means i'll no longer have to buy cabling.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back