Wireless keyboard and mouse. What are the consequences for Audio?
Jan 7, 2023 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nick24JJ

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

I will be getting a new keyboard and mouse and I'm considering going wireless. So, I wanted to ask, what are the consequences, if any, for Audio reproduction?

I will be using the devices shown in my signature. The FiiO BTR7 and the Qudelix 5k will be connected via Bluetooth to my monitor or my desktop computer. The FiiO BTA30 Pro will be connected via Optical and Transmitting sound. My Mojo 2 will be connected also using Optical connection.

Will there be any interference or any other issues to the sound quality, if I will be using a wireless keyboard and mouse?

Thank you

Jan 7, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 9
None. Generally you only start to get neurotic about stuff when you have crossed $50k in total audio spending.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 9
None. Generally you only start to get neurotic about stuff when you have crossed $50k in total audio spending.
Thanks for your reply!

So, there are no issues, no interference with the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi signal, no problems at all? Is it the same as if you are using a corded keyboard and mouse? I ask because I never had wireless keyboard or mouse. I have not researched this matter, yet, due to lack of time. I believe, there are wireless devices which can be wired, as well, though.

Jan 7, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 9
None. Enjoy listening.

Jan 7, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 9
With all the ambient RF floating around regardless of having a wireless keyboard I don't think you're going to have any issue. There is quite a frequency separation between digital RF and analog along the cable the 2 sail by each other with one not noticing the other

Jan 8, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 9
If your going to use Bluetooth for audio I'd recommend a 5ghz mouse and keyboard. They aren't expensive, and a lot more channels available than at 2.4ghz.
With that in mind I would wire the Speakers directly to the audio system if possible. I'm not crazy about wireless transmission of sound directly to the speakers. My powered Kanto YU has blue tooth connectivity but have no plans on using that

Jan 8, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 9
Thank you, all, for your replies.

I just want to clarify that, when I'm questioning about any potential issues, I'm referring to the sound cutting off or losing connection or the keyboard/mouse malfunctioning, like having a jumpy cursor or an unresponsive keyboard, due to the wireless connectivity and the dongles being connected via Bluetooth. I never had a Wireless keyboard/mouse, so I do not have any prior experience.

I will try to find a good wireless keyboard/mouse combo that can revert back to USB. Do you have any suggestions, preferably from Amazon UK? I'd appreciate it! I am looking for a simple, affordable (up to £100) combo. I am not a gamer. I'd appreciate lights on the keys.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #9 of 9
Hi again, just because I started this thread, I am here to close it.

So, I finally bought a Cherry STREAM DESKTOP, at a sweet deal of £29.99 from Amazon UK, and it is great! I've tested it with my devices, no issues at all, at least so far.

Right now, as I am typing from this combo (keyboard and mouse), I am listening to Amazon Music Unlimited from my Mojo 2, which is connected via USB to my laptop, while my phone is next to the Mojo 2, playing to my UTWS5 via Bluetooth. At the same time, my FiiO BTA30 Pro is connected via USB to my laptop and is transmitting to my Qudelix-5K, so if I will switch the audio output on Windows 11, I can listen to that. The BTA30 Pro is also next to the laptop and very close to the phone and the Mojo 2.

Under these conditions, which will never get repeated as I will be always listening from one source, I am not observing any interference/distortion to the sound or anything funny with the keyboard/mouse. Everything is working great!

So, I am happy with my buy.

Thank you to all who read and replied to my query. 😊👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back