Wireless Headphones for Hearing Problem
Sep 13, 2007 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tgalyon

New Head-Fier
Can someone tell me the best reasonably priced wireless headphones for someone with slight hearing problems? My husband wants a set of wireless headphones to listen to the TV and I'm overwhelmed by what is out there.

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgalyon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone tell me the best reasonably priced wireless headphones for someone with slight hearing problems? My husband wants a set of wireless headphones to listen to the TV and I'm overwhelmed by what is out there.

post this in the headphone section..it will get more views and you will get more help.

Sep 13, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Billy is right that you can get more exposure and find more info in the Headphone forum, Headphone Forum Link, and you can also use the Search feature there because an advanced search of the titles only yields many threads.

That said, I bought my mother-in-law a Sennheiser RS140 and she loves it for both music and TV. It charges itself and has closed earcups. It is also more expensive than the open earcup models like the RS120, which are good if you are not going to mind hearing a little sound bleed out.

Check around for prices or check todd@ttvj.com by email to see if he can sell you a pair. Best of luck.

Oh, and welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet/purse!

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Al and Billy are steering you well. I would also suggest a search incorporating "hearing problems" or "special needs" or the like as I believe there have been some helpful threads in that regard. One concern I would have is that someone with hearing problems might risk additional damage by listening at too high volumes. That said, I know very little about the issue and throw it out as just something to think about.

Good luck with the search and please report back as it would be interesting to know how products in this niche are progressing.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

The Sennheiser RS140 is probably the best available -- it has special volume features for hearing-impaired, including the abilty to balance the volume differently for each ear, if loss in more severe in one ear than the other.
I have a pair for TV watching.
The lower-priced RS120, does not have as many useful features -- it is worth the few extra dollars for the RS140.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back