Wireless Earbuds at Low Volume
Nov 15, 2023 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

allenwp

New Head-Fier
I have developed a strong preference for true wireless earbuds, especially those with active noise cancelling that works well on low frequency noise like the hum of an air conditioner or other machine noise.

I also have a strong preference to listening to my music at extremely low volume levels, such that the music is barely audible to me. I find this the most enjoyable way to listen to music while I work. As an example, I work with my Bose QuietComfort II earbuds at their absolute minimum volume, but then use my PC media player, foobar2000, to apply replaygain (which reduces the volume) and then further reduce the volume by 10 dB.

Unfortunately, I've found these two preferences to be at odds with each other. The primary issue I've experienced is that audio becomes very distorted at these low volumes with wireless earbuds. If I use wired earbuds, the audio is crystal clear and smooth, with no distortion.

I have had a hard time finding reviews and information on true wireless earbuds that work well at extremely low listening volumes. Does anyone have experience or resources to share on this topic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back