Wire Testing Measurements
Aug 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #61 of 72

Quote:
You have no idea how badly I'd like to conduct discovery on Nordost so I could pick over their internal records.  Assuming they exist, of course.

But I've been looking at their ads and they carefully skirt any possibility of being sued for false advertising.

What a shame.

Erik, I generally disagree.  These companies are not being as careful as they think they are.  They're just not on anyone's radar. 

Aug 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #62 of 72
Go Get Them Uncle Erik!   The New Kimber stuff is the same way, shed no light to the masses.........just buy "our" new "Stuff....That's why I make mine.......and I know some of you don't even believe in doing that!

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #63 of 72
popcorn.gif

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #64 of 72
Quote:
They're just not on anyone's radar.

I tried to do something about that earlier this year but got nowhere. I reported two blatantly fraudulent companies to the FTC, and I also wrote to a dozen major magazines and newspapers suggesting they do an article about fraud in the high-end audio industry. Sadly nobody cares. Not enough money is lost to audio fraud, and most of the people who get suckered are spending their discretionary cash anyway. So it's not like fraud that targets low-income folks or the elderly.

--Ethan

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #65 of 72
9pintube wrote:

That's why I make mine.......and I know some of you don't even believe in doing that!

Now, now,  It's not that I don't believe in it, it's because I don't want to be bothered by it.  Difference.

EthanWiner wrote:

Not enough money is lost to audio fraud, and most of the people who get suckered are spending their discretionary cash anyway.

I wonder if you feel that way about political campaign donations.

basshead.gif

k701smile.gif

(And for those who lack a sense of humor, it's a joke.)

I tried to do something about that earlier this year but got nowhere.

As a cable supporter, irrespective of my support, a sincere kudos for your efforts.

L3000.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #66 of 72
Subscribed. Great link Steve Eddy to a past test.

Oct 31, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #69 of 72
Just an update, I haven't forgotten about the tests and will be doing the test hopefully in the next month or so. I have the materials though so its just a matter of performing the tests and documenting everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back