Windvd6 + DVD-Audio = 48khz max?
Sep 16, 2004 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
Has anybody gotten this to run at 96khz? I can't.

Sep 16, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 9
If you're trying to do this with an EMU card then it won't work because EMU's WDM drivers (WinDVD 6 uses DirectSound or WaveOut) don't work above 24/48. If you're using it with a card that does support 24/96 through the WDM drivesr then did you enable the "Enable 96KHz/24 bit decoding" option in the Audio setup?

Sep 16, 2004 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 9
Yep 24/96 is enabled and I'm using the RME.

Sep 16, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 9
The software only promises to allow navigation of the hi-rez portion of the disc unless combined with an Audigy 2. There may be something in the software that looks for the A2 before deciding to send the full signal or downmix.

Sep 17, 2004 at 12:52 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
The software only promises to allow navigation of the hi-rez portion of the disc unless combined with an Audigy 2. There may be something in the software that looks for the A2 before deciding to send the full signal or downmix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Forgot to mention... It should work on any hi-rez soundcard with certain DVD-A discs where the 24/96 stereo data is not encoded into MLP.

What you're saying is conflicting here so is it any high res card? And what if it's MLP encoded?

Sep 17, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 9
If you have any hi rez card, any NON-protected DVD-A will be unaltered. If it is protected, the content will either be hidden from being selectable or downsampled. If you want to play protected material, A2 is your ONLY choice as it processes the DVD-A using hardware in the DAC's I believe. Glassman might be able to help with more spectific info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back