Winamp/Sonica problems
Apr 28, 2003 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

stereth

500+ Head-Fier
I've had Winamp 2.81 for a while now and I'm just noticing some strange problems with it. It sounds great but some of these problems are annoying.

First, I seem to have lost all eq ability. My Sonica seems to convert Winamp to line-out mode, so the preamp, eq bands, and output plugins (speakers simulator in particular) no longer work. In fact, when playing a CD, even the Winamp volume control doesn't work. Any way around this?

Second, playing a CD. Aside from the volume problem (which is minor), it can't play two tracks in a row. After one track ends, it looks like it's playing the next one, but no sound. I have to hit 'stop' and 'play' at the beginning of each track. Anyone have experience with this?

Winamp 2.81 is a nice, simple, basic, good-sounding player, but if I can't fix these problems, I'm gonna end up with another player. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Apr 28, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 2
Have you removed then reinstalled both the Sonica drivers and Winamp? How about WMP9 or another player? Are you experiencing problems with them also? You may test with Foobar. It's a better player IMO, but also it's a simple .exe file. No install necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back