Win XP
Oct 18, 2001 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

OneMalt

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone here done any XP beta testing? I was wondering if anyone knows if XP (upgrade version) will offer an install option allowing you to partition your HD and keep 98SE intact? A lot of my audio software is notoriously flaky and I'm concerned about it running properly under a new OS. Nero and M-Crew come to mind immediately. If I can run both systems, I can migrate my software slowly and cautiously.

If I'm going to shell out for XP, I'd rather not have to spring for something like Partition Magic at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 18, 2001 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 4
i have no experince with XP. none. at all. But watch as I give advice anyway: it is apparently rock solid
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2001 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Peddler
What sound software are you using?

MM Jukebox, Creative Play Center, Nero, Cool Edit 2000, MP3-2-MD, M-Crew, RipMDSPC3, Wave Lab Lite, Creative Wave Studio, Audio Grabber, CDEX, (the next 2 aren't audio but are audio related) Media Face II and Sure Thing CD Labeler.

A lot of this is shareware with limited support. It's all registered and paid for and I'd hate to lose any fuctionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back