Will this converter work for the fiio x3 coaxial out???
Oct 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

toroblood

New Head-Fier
The adapter didnt worked i dont know if this converter is the answer.  

http://www.lashenelectronics.com/p-658-calrad-10-110-acronym-titlesony-phillips-digital-interface-formatspdifacronym-digital-coaxial-to-toslink-optical-signal-converter.aspx?utm_source=Lashen&utm_medium=BuyNow&utm_campaign=Calrad

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 7
  The adapter didn't worked I don't know if this converter is the answer.  

http://www.lashenelectronics.com/p-658-calrad-10-110-acronym-titlesony-phillips-digital-interface-formatspdifacronym-digital-coaxial-to-toslink-optical-signal-converter.aspx?utm_source=Lashen&utm_medium=BuyNow&utm_campaign=Calrad

It should work, what are you using the has an optical input?

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 7
Im using a home theater pretty basic system really, dts  it works fine on my xbox.Im new on all this 96/24 fiio x3 is my first quality music player.

Thanks for the answer ill go for the converter, maybe ill get a better speakers system can you give me advice for choose a good solid speakers system in the future.Right now im waiting for the grado sr125e i hope those fit well on the x3.

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 7
  I'm using a home theater pretty basic system really, DTS  it works fine on my xBox. I'm new on all this 96/24 FiiO X3 is my first quality music player.

Thanks for the answer ill go for the converter, maybe ill get a better speakers system can you give me advice for choose a good solid speakers system in the future.Right now I'm waiting for the Grado sr125e i hope those fit well on the X3.

Why not just connect the FiiO X3's line-output (analog) to the home theater?

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 7
i did it but i only have good sound using 2 speakers,im asking if using the optical cable can i get better sound using the five speakers, sorry for my bad english.i think wil be better idea if i start  looking for a 24/96 speakers system.

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 7
  i did it but i only have good sound using 2 speakers,im asking if using the optical cable can i get better sound using the five speakers, sorry for my bad english.i think wil be better idea if i start  looking for a 24/96 speakers system.

I believe the FiiO X3 can only output 2-channel of audio, no matter which output you use (digital or analog).
But your receiver should have an "Expanded Stereo" setting, using Dolby Pro Logic, to take the 2-channels of audio and expand it to 5 speakers.
So connect the X3 to the receiver using analog audio cable (3.5mm stereo to RCA) and use Dolby to expand the 2-channel sound to 5-channels (5-speakers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back