Will TAH sound better than TBH using AC adapter?
Apr 2, 2008 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

biggu

New Head-Fier
I assume TAH and TBH use the same electric units for the amp part.

TBH have 1.5V * 4=6V maximum. Though most of the time I use 4 rechargable AAA which gets 1.2*4=4.8V. Or the USB port which has 5V.

TAH have 9V input when connected to an adapter.

Does this make a difference? I have a new TBH and I'm considering exchanging it for a TAH+adapter. After trying for some time I figured plugging in the analog input to the computer works almost as fine as the USB connection. If 9V DC makes a difference I would want to exchange it for a TAH.

Apr 2, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by biggu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume TAH and TBH use the same electric units for the amp part.

TBH have 1.5V * 4=6V maximum. Though most of the time I use 4 rechargable AAA which gets 1.2*4=4.8V. Or the USB port which has 5V.

TAH have 9V input when connected to an adapter.

Does this make a difference? I have a new TBH and I'm considering exchanging it for a TAH+adapter. After trying for some time I figured plugging in the analog input to the computer works almost as fine as the USB connection. If 9V DC makes a difference I would want to exchange it for a TAH.

No, it won't make a positive difference because the quality of power out of the wall wart is miles below that of batteries (which are basically an ideal DC source). The voltage difference does not make up for that qualitative difference - best performance of both AirHead and BitHead lines is whilst running off a fresh set of batteries.

Apr 2, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 4
i'm guessing that the bithead connected to the usb but powered by four fresh alkaline batteries [power switch on] would be the best sound.

as opposed to analog connected running on a wall-wart.

Apr 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate6955 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm guessing that the bithead connected to the usb but powered by four fresh alkaline batteries [power switch on] would be the best sound.

as opposed to analog connected running on a wall-wart.

I reckon that's probably right.

And HEY! First post, eh Pirate! Arr ar ar ar argh!

Sorry about yer wallet ... ah Pirate's Chest?

(Geez, maybe I should try to sell the guy a Max!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back