Will PPA v2.0 be avaialble?
Dec 11, 2004 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SHLim

100+ Head-Fier
Read a few post about the possibility of PPA v2.0. Thinking of building something during the Christmas break and wonder is the PPA v2.0 will be available soon.

TIA,
Sam

Dec 12, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 9
tangent should chime on this, i listened to the proto 1.907 the other day, cant comment on it yet as its still being tweaked.

Dec 12, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 9
Isn't 2.0 just a PPA but with diamond buffers?

Dec 12, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll
Isn't 2.0 just a PPA but with diamond buffers?

Buffers swapping is one of the build in flexibility on PPA. Switching to diamond buffers doesn't change the PPA version number.

Dec 12, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHLim
Buffers swapping is one of the build in flexibility on PPA. Switching to diamond buffers doesn't change the PPA version number.

I heard that the circuit would have the diamond buffers built in the circuit itself. There won't be a place for the normal DIP buffers.

Dec 13, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

wonder is the PPA v2.0 will be available soon.

It's still in the prototyping phase. Even assuming that Team PPA approves the current design as the final one, I think we'll be lucky to see PPA 2.0 within this month.

Quote:

I heard that the circuit would have the diamond buffers built in the circuit itself.

That's certainly the plan, but plans can change.

Dec 13, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent
It's still in the prototyping phase. Even assuming that Team PPA approves the current design as the final one, I think we'll be lucky to see PPA 2.0 within this month.
That's certainly the plan, but plans can change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morsel
We will post a layout for public comment when and if we feel comfortable with the current prototype. .

Thanks for the reply & info. I am sure others are glad to know the progress to PPA v2.0.

Have fun,
Sam

Dec 13, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #9 of 9
built in diamond buffers? woo
smily_headphones1.gif
i'll hold off on ordering those intersil buffers then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back