Will I benefit from getting a dac/amp for my IEM (currently TinHifi T2)?
Apr 6, 2022 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

northernsound

Head-Fier
First of all, I apologize if I´m posting this question in the wrong part of the forum. Will I benefit from getting a dac/amp for my TinHifi T2 IEM? I´m currently just using them from my android phone and my windows laptop. The source is right now streaming through Deezer with the "high fidelity-resolution". I´ve gotten mixed answers from people so I feel that I have to consult the experts here on headfi to get the correct answer. :)

"Drive unit: Dynamic 10MM woofer + 6MM Tweeter (2DD drive unit).
Impedance: 16Ω
Earphone sensitivity: 102dB/mW"

https://www.linsoul.com/products/tinhifi-t2

Apr 6, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 6
First of all, I apologize if I´m posting this question in the wrong part of the forum. Will I benefit from getting a dac/amp for my TinHifi T2 IEM? I´m currently just using them from my android phone and my windows laptop. The source is right now streaming through Deezer with the "high fidelity-resolution". I´ve gotten mixed answers from people so I feel that I have to consult the experts here on headfi to get the correct answer. :)

"Drive unit: Dynamic 10MM woofer + 6MM Tweeter (2DD drive unit).
Impedance: 16Ω
Earphone sensitivity: 102dB/mW"

https://www.linsoul.com/products/tinhifi-t2
You probably wont notice a difference upgrading to a dac/amp , so you will upgrade the iem
That's how HeadFi works , before you know it you will be spending 3k on headphones and 5k on a custom amp
Sorry about your wallet

Apr 6, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Apr 15, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 6
Mine sound better though a Thx onyx than they do with just the supplied dongle that came with my essential phone. We're they volume matched? No, but it still sounded better to me at all volume levels. Ymmv. As a combo the onyx/T2 combo is very very good to my ears.

Apr 15, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Depends on the phone and computer, in general yes you would. The T2 is a very good IEM for the price and should not be matched with high impedance sources like typical windows laptops or crappy phones. The only phones that had decent output were the older Samsungs that still had a 3.5mm and the old LG V series which they no longer make.

Apr 16, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 6
I don't see any reason why an external amp and DAC would improve the sound audibly with 16 ohms and 102dB. If it is loud enough straight out of your phone, you should be fine. I use Oppo PM-1s straight out of my iPhone and they are fine. (32 ohm/102 dB sensitivity) If you decide to buy an external DAC/amp make sure you can return it for a full refund if you find it doesn't make a difference, because I don't think it will. But I'm not an armchair expert like a lot of people on Head-Fi. I just put together my own rig so it works simply and efficiently. I don't go looking to make things complicated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back