Wide soundstage IEM <$200
Oct 22, 2014 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ablahblah

New Head-Fier
edit:: Took the jump on a set of DJE-1500s after deliberating for a bit. dweavers description made them sound too much like my EPH-100s too pass up heh.

I just lost one of the eartips to my aged Yamaha EPH-100s, but it was about time to replace them anyhow. Keeping it economical, staying under $200.
I'm looking for something I'd use for casual listening.
My old ones had a really nice 3D soundstage, and I'm looking for something that will do the same, if not better.
I'll also want to use them as DJ'ing headphones, so isolation has to be at least decent.
A little more bass would be preferred vs a lack of thereof.
Removable cables would be nice; I'm worried about accidentally pulling these out at a gig.

Does anything happen to come to mind? Thinking about getitng the DJE-1500s after reading dweavers' favorable review.

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 5
bump

I've been interested in the SE315s actually. I've heard that the Shure's are a bit lacking in the bass end though, vs something like the TF10s. However, I'm also phasing out my HD25-1 II's which had a technical sound to them, i.e. not particularly bassy, but they would tell you if a track was bassy or not. Are the SE315's kind of technical in that respect?

Will keep them in mind, I'm deliberating from a DJ standpoint on whether I want a slightly bassy headphone or not. My greatest fear is cranking the EQ and not fully realizing what I'm doing to the subwoofers in the room, if you get what I mean hehe.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 5
While not very bass heavy in comparison to its competition, the SE315 does have the most bass out of all the Shures. With that said, there's more than enough punch to tell you which tracks are bassy or not. You might also want to look into the RHA T10i. I haven't tried them, but the early reviews do mention that it's a very bass-centric IEM; no detachable cables though.

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 5
How are you liking the 1500's? They are still my favorite IEM. I love their over balance signature wise and they certainly have lots of configuration potential and still one of my most comfortable iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back