Why the price increase.. Desktop amp/Balanced Desktop amp?
Nov 27, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 11
Because it seems they've dropped the desktop module/dac and made the home module the default (which was a $100 upgrade before).

Nov 28, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Becasue it seems they've dropped the desktop module/dac and made the home module the default (which was a $100 upgrade before).

Fair enough.

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 11
You guys are so on top of it.
biggrin.gif

As a side note: The fundamental reason was that when all the options were available, we couldn't build to stock because there were too many permutations. We used to have to wait for an order and then put together all the sub-assemblies --- DAC, module, stepped attenuator, proper panels. Now there are two versions for Micros and Desktops: standard and Ultra. The "standard" in that last sentance is not capitalized because it doesn't appear in the name; eg. Micro Amp/Ultra Micro Amp. The standard unit is a old Home; the Ultra, and old Maxed unit. Desktop modules are gone.

A further side note: A similar thing will happen with Homes, we think. But that's not fully settled yet.

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are so on top of it.
biggrin.gif

As a side note: The fundamental reason was that when all the options were available, we couldn't build to stock because there were too many permutations. We used to have to wait for an order and then put together all the sub-assemblies --- DAC, module, stepped attenuator, proper panels. Now there are two versions for Micros and Desktops: standard and Ultra. The "standard" in that last sentance is not capitalized because it doesn't appear in the name; eg. Micro Amp/Ultra Micro Amp. The standard unit is a old Home; the Ultra, and old Maxed unit. Desktop modules are gone.

A further side note: A similar thing will happen with Homes, we think. But that's not fully settled yet.

Thats fine.. Just upset cause I'll have to save longer.. But since its the home mod it will sound better anyways..

Nov 29, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats fine.. Just upset cause I'll have to save longer.. But since its the home mod it will sound better anyways..

Trust me, you'll be happy you saved that bit longer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trust me, you'll be happy you saved that bit longer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I've got to agree with this wholeheartedly. I've listened extensively to both modules, and I think the Home module is a significant upgrade to the Desktop module.

Nov 30, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice to see you saving for a balanced amp. seems like a good time to stop terminating your headphones with female XLRs.
wink.gif

The easiest to fix would be my 650's.. Also thinking about using a adapter, as I don't like the idea of sending my cans back to Alex to re terminate.. Unless, theres noticeable downgrade in SQ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back