Why I Love Audio, What About You?
Apr 9, 2023 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

F208Frank

Headphoneus Supremus
I love audio because it is a way to manipulate or inspire emotions, bending them to the 99th dimension with cable tweaks.

I love audio because changing out a piece of gear brings me pure joy and natural curiosity.

I love audio because it helps me discover all sorts of music genres that I thought I would never like.

I love audio because when listening to music, I get lost in the music keeping me in the now.

I love audio because love is love.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 8
I love music because it reminds me of a time when I didn't have any issues, problems, or major responsibilities, and could just enjoy music.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 8
I love music because it reminds me of a time when I didn't have any issues, problems, or major responsibilities, and could just enjoy music.
Amen brotha!!!

Apr 10, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 8
I love audio for expressive values: you get to re-experience a meaningful piece of media from the first view; leitmotifs.

I love audio for historical understanding and appreciation, separating various elements including tempo, pitch, dynamics, meter, form, color, form, and texture.

I love audio for basic or sensual reasons: background music; a distraction from strenuous or mundane tasks. One such activity includes multitudes of heavy breathing, allegro heartbeats, and clinky metals and plastics.

Apr 12, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #5 of 8
The ability to perceive prerecorded sound goes back a long time for me as well as probably everyone. But in the living room with the Fisher Price turntable, Mom left me alone as I wasn’t causing trouble. Later I found cassettes, which many had growing up. I still didn’t have a stereo, and it didn’t matter as mono was really 90% of music perception for me, at the time. Then finally I found Radar Love by Golden Earring.......and really the whole Moontan album and it was stereo! Oh, this is what they are talking about?

But from then on music was a style, a way to be cool, knowing what bands were hot. We judged people by the bands they were listening too. After I moved into my own place the stereo got bigger and I got a pair of Koss headphones.

It kept drawing me in, taking me to new levels. Music was so darn important and the way to hear it was secondarily important. Then after all the vinyls, I became close to the record store happening, grand central to learn about music.

But the results of sound can take you where ever you want to go. And for some reason the more real, the more emotional? The more emotional the more of a life experience it is. All by the flick of a few switches!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 8
The ability to perceive prerecorded sound goes back a long time for me as well as probably everyone. But in the living room with the Fisher Price turntable, Mom left me alone as I wasn’t causing trouble. Later I found cassettes, which many had growing up. I still didn’t have a stereo, and it didn’t matter as mono was really 90% of music perception for me, at the time. Then finally I found Radar Love by Golden Earring.......and really the whole Moontan album and it was stereo! Oh, this is what they are talking about?

But from then on music was a style, a way to be cool, knowing what bands were hot. We judged people by the bands they were listening too. After I moved into my own place the stereo got bigger and I got a pair of Koss headphones.

It kept drawing me in, taking me to new levels. Music was so darn important and the way to hear it was secondarily important. Then after all the vinyls, I became close to the record store happening, grand central to learn about music.

But the results of sound can take you where ever you want to go. And for some reason the more real, the more emotional? The more emotional the more of a life experience it is. All by the flick of a few switches!
Wow. Expressive!

Apr 26, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 8
As someone who's living far from home, audio is like a family to me, in the sense that I can't really not have something running in the background when am working, walking down the street, sleeping, or basically doing anything. For me audio is what reminds of my family and home, it gives me feelings of comfort and keeps me company throughout my loneliness.

Apr 27, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #8 of 8
As someone who's living far from home, audio is like a family to me, in the sense that I can't really not have something running in the background when am working, walking down the street, sleeping, or basically doing anything. For me audio is what reminds of my family and home, it gives me feelings of comfort and keeps me company throughout my loneliness.
Wow deep. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back