Which sennheiser IEM's?
Dec 19, 2008 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gavp

New Head-Fier
Hello all

I currently have a pair of sennheiser px-100's that have served me and my ipod well over the last couple of years. I thought they had good sound for the price, especially in the low frequencies which is important for me as i mainly listen to bass driven music, house, techno, drum and bass etc.

I'm looking to swap to some IEM's as they are more portable and my px-100's have collected dirt over the years and no longer sound as good as they did.

I have been looking at the cx 95's or cx500's. The 500's are cheaper and are supposed to have excellent bass response, but at the expense of the treble being a bit overpowered. I've read that the 95's have a better all round sound, with less bass intrusion over the high end frequecies than the 500's. A few people seem to be critcising the cable on the cx 95's, apparently its too short and it creates too much noise when used on the move. This would be a problem for me as i would mainly use them while commuting, has anyone used both models? Do the cx-500 suffer from a similar problem with the cable?

Any other suggestion for about £50 mark?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back