Which Over-Ear Headphone is best....
Jul 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #38 of 40
Can I jump in here and ask for input? I'm looking for a great set of over the ear headphones for use with iPod/iPad for music and movies. I guess most important is clarity and authentic sound as the recordings are intended to be heard. Don't travel a lot so noise cancellation isn't a big priority. Neither is Bluetooth. I listen to country, pop, rock and like the clean highs and clear acoustics. I want solid but not overwhelming bass. I want to stay under $350. My research has been leading me to Sennheiser Momentum, Harmon Kardon BT, UE 6000. Based particularly on sound, I would appreciate input/suggestions on these or others comparable. Thanks

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #39 of 40
I'd definitely say to not go with closed headphones, though if your had to I'd say get the KEF M500.

I'd recommend the mdr ma900. Flat frequency response, huge sound stage, extremely comfortable.

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:
Can I jump in here and ask for input? I'm looking for a great set of over the ear headphones for use with iPod/iPad for music and movies. I guess most important is clarity and authentic sound as the recordings are intended to be heard. Don't travel a lot so noise cancellation isn't a big priority. Neither is Bluetooth. I listen to country, pop, rock and like the clean highs and clear acoustics. I want solid but not overwhelming bass. I want to stay under $350. My research has been leading me to Sennheiser Momentum, Harmon Kardon BT, UE 6000. Based particularly on sound, I would appreciate input/suggestions on these or others comparable. Thanks

Momentums. Also check out the Sony MDR-1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back