Which one? HD25 or HD250 II Linear
Feb 25, 2006 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Picklehammer

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some new cans to listen to my music at home. I currently use a pair of HD480s but am looking to upgrade. Would any of the 2 I have mentioned fit the bill as a decent replacement?

I see HD25s everywhere so they must be good and the reason I like the HD250s is that I have always liked the look of them. (ever since I saw Jean Michel Jarre wearing a pair of the Mk1 versions back in the late 80s!)

Am I barking up the wrong tree? I love Sennheisers and have tried a pair of Grado SR60s which I really liked apart from the styling.

Any opinions would be welcomed.

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 2
the two headphones are very different from eachother, the only similarity is that they're both closed. I have HD 25-1's myself, and a friend of mine has the 250 linear II's. I have had only a brief audition, and found them somewhat pleasant, airy but very bright. The HD 25-1's are much warmer, with big bass and a much less airy soundstage. They are somewhat similar to some Grado's in that respect.

The main reason that you see the HD 25-1's mentioned left and right is that they're ideal commuter headphones: great isolation, good and fun sound, rugged construction and no-nonsense styling. As for the 250's .. well I guess you'd better ask in the main headphones forum. They'll probably tell you that neither are the best choice for home listening. The 595's for example are much better suited ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back