Which on would be more suitable for listening Electronic&Rap on more active days where I dont want cables? Shure SE846 or CA Mammoth with Shure bluetooth dongle (not even sure if it works with it)?
Aug 1, 2023 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

canzz

New Head-Fier
Shure 846 seems great, but its quite old now and many would argue it is expensive. Considering I mostly listen to Electronic & Rap, I enjoy the power of dynamic drivers such as the one in my IT01 and Mammoth being a much newer earphone with 1DD+2BA, I was wondering if it would be a better choice for me in 2023. If it could be used with some bluetooth dongles for more active days where I dont want to deal with cables that would be great. I'd appreciate your comments

Aug 2, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 4
SE846 wouldn't be my go to for that music if I liked that type of music (not Rap).

I'd be using my Fiio FD7 single DD.

You already have the Shure BT ear loops? You using IOS or Android phone as BT source? Shure BT adapter (v1 or v2?) not best option.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #3 of 4
I have the 846 and listen to a lot of rap but have never been interested in quantity of bass. I much prefer the quality of its bass. I had the IE900 and liked the BA bass of the 846 better and never found it lacking for rap.

Aug 26, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 4
I would think the Mammoth is designed better for rap and other bass-heavy musical genres. I don't listen to rap but I listen to a fair amount of minimal techno where the sub bass is critical and for this my venerable Shure 846 are not anywhere near my first choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back