Which Modded T50RP should I go for?
Oct 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GettingBuckets

100+ Head-Fier
I have been contemplating this decision for a little bit since I've never amassed this much money to splurge on a pair of cans before (damn you head-fi!). Either way, I definitely like the way orthos sound and need a closed-back pair to suit all my listening needs for pretty much any type of music or genre. I've followed a few threads and definitely am interested in one of the main modded t50s that are being used.

My choices are either the Alpha Dogs, ZMFxVibros, or the Paradox Slants. As for my sound preference, I definitely like my good mids with lush but clear vocals. For both the lower and upper range, I just want both my bass and treble to extend and not have too much roll off. I don't mind a bit of extra bass emphasis but not an overwhelming amount. I'm also not treble-sensitive, so I don't mind an extended but smooth treble. I listen to a lot of different stuff from classical and jazz to EDM, acoustic, hip hop, soul and etc.

If anybody has any other cans to recommend in around the same price range then please do!. Any other recommendations or advice would be helpful, since I don't want to look back on the wad of cash that I just spent.

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Honestly, I heard the Mad Dog and I'd go with the Alpha Dog, I mean Dan REALLY knows what he is doing, chances are the Vibrios might have lusher Mids,  and the Paradox more bass, but I think overall the Alpha Dog is going to be the best of both worlds

Plus Mr Speakers has 15 day Return policy on new cans [I've used it before actually i used it on my Mad Dog, which I wasn't a fan of] 

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 7
Yea I haven't heard many negative reviews on the ADs. The problem is that I haven't heard any on the slants or viBros either. I guess it's a good thing.

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 7
Yea I haven't heard many negative reviews on the ADs. The problem is that I haven't heard any on the slants or viBros either. I guess it's a good thing.

I've heard the Vibiros have nice clarity n sound stage, but are on the Warmish Side... 

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 7
I really don't mind a warm sound. I just don't want it to be so laid back/warm that the highs become muffled. As long as it has clarity, then I think I would prefer a bit more warmth compared to a more analytical/neutral sound sig.

I guess I just convinced myself into getting the Vibros haha!

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #6 of 7
  I really don't mind a warm sound. I just don't want it to be so laid back/warm that the highs become muffled. As long as it has clarity, then I think I would prefer a bit more warmth compared to a more analytical/neutral sound sig.

I guess I just convinced myself into getting the Vibros haha!

Hahaha, all the T50RP mods are on the warm side from what I hear, 

but the Vibros look nice :3 though I think I'd be uhh more willing to give my Money to Dan xD 

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 7
I liked the Mad Dog Pros when I heard them. Pretty affordable too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back