Which is better: P3 or D3?
Mar 22, 2009 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gbjerke

1000+ Head-Fier
Source: iPod
'Phones: Senn PXC 450 (150 ohms)

Not planning to use other opamps than the ones that come with it...as my income is considerably small.. Anyways the DAC function is a plus, but not really a need. So whats better? If you need more info...just ask.

Thanks

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 5
As far as I can tell, opamp rolling is a main attraction with the P3. It also comes with some opamps for you to roll. However, if the DAC is a bonus and you don't plan on buying more opamps, and you plan on having your PXC 450 for a while... I say save ~$50 and get the D2.

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I can tell, opamp rolling is a main attraction with the P3. It also comes with some opamps for you to roll. However, if the DAC is a bonus and you don't plan on buying more opamps, and you plan on having your PXC 450 for a while... I say save ~$50 and get the D2.

that just made me more uncertain. i will keep the pxc 450 yeah...they're great..wont buy new portables for a loong time, but still, you cant be serious about getting the D2 in front of the D3? the D3 has a DAC too, and..ive only read things about it that include it being better than the D2...

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 5
If you do not need a DAC save the money and get a P3. The P3 is a nice sounding amp which can be taylored to sound a bit different w/ the op-amps included. Plus later if you want to you can try other op-amps. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back