Which headphones should I get? (For metal and rock)
Dec 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TheRippper

New Head-Fier
Hi

So Christmas is coming up and I'm thinking about getting a new set of headphones (Over-ear) that is. I primarily listen to Rock and heavy metal and various sub genres. I used to have a set of Sennheiser HD202 which was decent. This time around I would like something a bit better. The budget should be around $80-90 .. However I live in Denmark so the prices here may differ. One of the headphones I've considered is the Sennheiser HD429 which is around the $80 tag here. However I can't quite figure out the difference between lets say HD419, HD429 and HD439 except for the small price difference. I will mainly be listening to music through my phone which is a Sony Z1 - FLAC and high quality MP3s that is.

Also to be said is I'm definitely not a huge bass fan. I tried out a pair of Sennheiser Urbanites and found them a bit to "bass-y" for my taste but that's also another price range and perhaps they are not so well suited for mobile phone use :p.

One last thing - It doesn't necessarily have to be Sennheiser. I just really like that brand but I'm up to trying something new :)

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 3
"Not overly bassy" = "hardly any bass at all"

:p

Sorry - I'm just not a Grado fan... :D

I think you are correct in questioning the differences between the 419/429/439/449 - they are all closed headphones with pretty much the same specs. I don't know the differences - I would hope that as you go up in price, the drivers get better, build quality gets better, or something - but I don't know. I can see some differences in the features, for example the 449 comes with a 1/4" adapter and a carry pouch. The 439 has two different length cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back