Which headphone wouldn‘t make me miss my surround system too much?
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Goldhamster916

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I build a higher end 7.1.4 surround system but underestimated the bass‘s ability to also rumble the apartment above. That’s why I am searching for a headphone which won’t make me miss my surround system too much which I used mainly for gaming and movie watching and occasionally music listening.

I know no headphone can reproduce the low end of my high end ported subwoofer but which headphones in the headphone world come closest in subbass extension and authority?

I also know no headphone can reproduce the immersion and directionality of a 11 speaker surround system but which have the most ,,immersive“ sound through good sound staging/imaging/directionality ques?

Lastly I had KEF LS 50 META which are neutral technically very capable speakers. It would be a nice bonus if I don’t loose too much in the fidelity department too.

Is there any headphone which fits all of these traits?

Budget would be 5k but I don’t mind paying way less.

Thanks for your time and recommendations!

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi all,

I build a higher end 7.1.4 surround system but underestimated the bass‘s ability to also rumble the apartment above. That’s why I am searching for a headphone which won’t make me miss my surround system too much which I used mainly for gaming and movie watching and occasionally music listening.

I know no headphone can reproduce the low end of my high end ported subwoofer but which headphones in the headphone world come closest in subbass extension and authority?

I also know no headphone can reproduce the immersion and directionality of a 11 speaker surround system but which have the most ,,immersive“ sound through good sound staging/imaging/directionality ques?

Lastly I had KEF LS 50 META which are neutral technically very capable speakers. It would be a nice bonus if I don’t loose too much in the fidelity department too.

Is there any headphone which fits all of these traits?

Budget would be 5k but I don’t mind paying way less.

Thanks for your time and recommendations!
I mean...the Susvara is excellent - you can find a set for around 4k. There aren't any headphones that really simulate 11 speakers, but the Sus sounds amazing, I'm powering them off of a ~1K DAC/amp setup from my PC and they sound excellent - maybe even better than my $5k desktop setup I had previously. Still, it's one of the best. The Solitaire P and Abyss 1266 are also top-tier headphones - abyss for bass, Solitaire for a nice mix between the Abyss and Susvara.

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 4
Sounds like you want a Smyth A16 Realiser system. :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back