Which earphones for me?
Jan 29, 2008 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

s4one

100+ Head-Fier
I used er6i's for quite sometime now but they are not working properly anymore. I am stuck between the UE super.fi pro 5 and super.fi 4. The reason why I consider getting the super.fi 4's is because it is made for all types of music as opposed to the super.fi 5 pros which are intended for alternative, rock, and country (taken off their website).

I am planning to use the earphones with a portable amp.

What route do you guys think I should go?

Jan 29, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 4
SF5 Pro sound great with all genres, in my opinion. It has stronger bass, but not overpowering. If you want something more balanced and smaller/better looking (IMO), go with SF4, but if you want nice strong bass and an overall great sounding IEM, go with the SF5 Pro. I went for SF5.

Jan 29, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Cool, i'll probably go with the SF5 pro. Is using the SF5 pro annoying since you cannot just stick the ear piece in like the SF4's?

I am sure after awhile I will get use to it right?

Jan 29, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 4
You can put the SF5 Pro into your ear so the cord goes down. I used to do that with my IEMs until I got my first pair of Shures, which I flipped and wore over the ear. I got used to it and I very strongly prefer over the ear style now. It makes the IEM much more secure, less prone to getting pulled out if you tug the cord, and I think it looks cooler anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you have very small ear canals, the fit might not be very comfortable. I wore the small Shure tips, and the UE small tips are much larger. However, the fit is satisfactory, but not as comfortable. The sound is amazing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back