which earphone?!
Jul 26, 2017 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Shpongledd

New Head-Fier
hey guys. can you tell which one is best option for me?
Sennheiser CX 5.00
FiiO EX1
RHA MA600i
Sennheiser CX 3.00
Beyerdynamic DX120IE
Sennheiser CX 300 II
JAYS a-Jays Two
iRiver ICP-AT2000

my player is iphone 6 and i want to listen to psytrance , psybient , ambient , EDM , Rock....
and sometimes hip hop and new age.
sound quality , clarity , sound stage and detail is important for me but i need a nice and satisfying bass too.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 8
If you can push up your budget a bit, I vote RHA MA750s (your pick of with or without mic). These things are my babies. Tight and punchy bass that's moderately loud but not overbearing, clean (if ever so slightly recessed) mids, and a creamy treble range which can get slightly sibilant at times but usually only happens in tracks that aren't mastered very well. These are incredibly versatile and work even better for pop music (they have a very "fun" "pop-like" sound signature, like a more well-rounded v-shape). They're also very kind with EQ, while many IEMs tend to sound worse after running them through EQ, the MA750s handle EQ pretty well, so if you don't like how they sound even after being burnt in you can use EQ and they'll still sound great. With Comply tips they isolate incredibly well and are amazingly comfortable (I personally use the new comply sport tips on mine). The over-ear style takes a little time to get used to but it makes them really comfortable once you're used to it and it makes microphonics non-existent. I personally really love these and considering they go for only around $120 they're hard to beat.
These are a MASSIVE improvement over anything in the sub-$100 range and are definitely worth the extra cash IMO. Frankly, it's hard to beat these even when going up in price to $200 and up (I didn't find a noticable improvement until I got in the $300 range with Sennheiser IE80s, but that's partially due to my tastes in how I like my sound).

You should seriously consider the RHAMA750s If you are able to push up your budget slightly, even if it means waiting longer than you were expecting. It is definitely worth it.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 8
If you can push up your budget a bit, I vote RHA MA750s (your pick of with or without mic). These things are my babies. Tight and punchy bass that's moderately loud but not overbearing, clean (if ever so slightly recessed) mids, and a creamy treble range which can get slightly sibilant at times but usually only happens in tracks that aren't mastered very well. These are incredibly versatile and work even better for pop music (they have a very "fun" "pop-like" sound signature, like a more well-rounded v-shape). They're also very kind with EQ, while many IEMs tend to sound worse after running them through EQ, the MA750s handle EQ pretty well, so if you don't like how they sound even after being burnt in you can use EQ and they'll still sound great. With Comply tips they isolate incredibly well and are amazingly comfortable (I personally use the new comply sport tips on mine). The over-ear style takes a little time to get used to but it makes them really comfortable once you're used to it and it makes microphonics non-existent. I personally really love these and considering they go for only around $120 they're hard to beat.
These are a MASSIVE improvement over anything in the sub-$100 range and are definitely worth the extra cash IMO. Frankly, it's hard to beat these even when going up in price to $200 and up (I didn't find a noticable improvement until I got in the $300 range with Sennheiser IE80s, but that's partially due to my tastes in how I like my sound).

You should seriously consider the RHAMA750s If you are able to push up your budget slightly, even if it means waiting longer than you were expecting. It is definitely worth it.

so, i read about rha ma750 and its a really good stuff... loved it.
i find ma750i and its 500k in my country... i know its fully worth but its a little expensive... i dont want to spend that much on earphone cause i dont use it very much... i often listen to music indoor and with my fidelio X2.
earphones that i named are between 200-300k in my country.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #5 of 8
so, i read about rha ma750 and its a really good stuff... loved it.
i find ma750i and its 500k in my country... i know its fully worth but its a little expensive... i dont want to spend that much on earphone cause i dont use it very much... i often listen to music indoor and with my fidelio X2.
earphones that i named are between 200-300k in my country.
Damn, that sucks :-/

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 8
I personally don't know enough about the other options you list, sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It may be worth telling people your general region in order to understand pricing better. It'll be difficult for people to make suggestions without knowing where you live and thus how much they would cost

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 8
You might want to look into a 1More Triple Driver or, if you can afford it, a 1More Quad Driver, which is just more of a good thing. Sort of an embarrassment of riches. Those are my two suggestions for you. Maybe read about these guys and see what you think. One of them could work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back