Which earphone sounds the best???
Dec 12, 2008 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1
Ok, so the constant question about earphones is: "Which one sounds the best?" Of course this is subjective, so it is difficult to answer correctly for every individual. In any case, I usually recommend the following depending on someones individual application. Here is how I break that down:

Dual Drivers:

Shure SCL-5 - A favorite for drummers as the cable is thicker and generally stays in place better than the competition.
Westone UM2 - Recommended for vocalists, guitar players, and audiophiles. Gives a great low and high response suited for most everyone.

Single Drivers:

Futuresonics M3, M5, M8, M9 (same drivers, different colors) - Some argue that Futuresonics has developed the best low frequency for a single driver earphone. In this price range, the Atrio series are hard to compete with. (iPod listeners love these)
Sennheiser IE7 - For just a little more money, the Sennheiser is the most crystal clear single driver on the market. The low end is tight while the high end is crisp. (Audiophiles, stop looking around, just order these)
Hopefully this information was helpful to you. If you have any questions, or would like me to compare some other earphones for you or write a blog about it, let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back