Which Android Music player do you use?
Nov 1, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #61 of 65
Still rocking PowerAmp for local playback after all this time, but I might give HiBy a try based on the recommendations of the more recent posts here. I'm not terribly pleased with PowerAmp's current UI. I use Spotify predominantly, though.

I'm a Qobuz and Poweramp user, have purchased (over the years) UAPP, Neutron, and tried many others as well.

Poweramp is a UI tweakers delight if one takes the time to dig into it. I use a custom skin app (called Yaps) on Poweramp as well....just about anything in the UI can be changed.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #64 of 65
Tried nearly all: Winamp, Fiio Music Player, Hibyetc.

But the best for me is USB Audio Player Pro. I use it with all my andoid devices (mobile phone, tablet and dap).

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #65 of 65
Still on PowerAmp, still not terribly pleased with the UI. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I haven't found the alternatives I've tried compelling enough to abandon PowerAmp's customizability, but may give HiBy and AIMP another go to see if anything's changed on that front.

One thing that PowerAmp did apparently add at some point, in what is clearly an attempt to compete with Sonarworks' SoundID, is a bunch (thousands, from what I can tell) of headphone EQ presets from a variety of sources from around the web. So that's interesting.

poweramp headphone EQ presets.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back