Which Amp
Dec 27, 2008 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

scooby4844

New Head-Fier
I just got a pair of Sennheiser 595s for Christmas and was debating between the P-51 Mustang and the HeadRoom Micro amp, which one should i get? any better ones for around $400?

Dec 27, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 11
Welcome to Head-Fi & Sorry About Your Wallet.
I just ordered a P-51 Mustang. Can't get any better than that IMO for the money. Skylabs amp review & jamato8s thread w/Germania/Lil' Knight & SierraHotel01s impressions sealed the deal. Definitely one of the best portable amps on the market. Highly Recommended.
Good Luck & Happy New Year
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Dec 28, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 11
I ordered my Mustang on Christmas. So I would suggest the RSA amp as well. I cannot wait to hear it.

Dec 28, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby4844 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of Sennheiser 595s for Christmas and was debating between the P-51 Mustang and the HeadRoom Micro amp, which one should i get? any better ones for around $400?

I'd look for a used Gilmore Lite, CIAudio VHP-1 or VHP-2, or a PPAv2, CKKIII or Millet Max. Any of these used will be $250 or less and will blow away either of those portables.

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 11
mates and what about pico vs mustang? price is allmost the same but i'm into high SQ so i was wondering which one to choose.

thx for help ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 11
Anyone?

i'm allmost into pico but i want to know "for sure"

anyone against?

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #9 of 11
I've had both the P-51 and the Micro. First, both are great amps. I liked the micro so much, I upgraded to the Desktop.

Second, the micro is not a portable amp, it is a home amp.

Third, if I had to recommend one, I'd suggest the P-51. It just sounds incredible, can drive any can, just like the Micro, plus it is incredibly portable. It's a can't lose proposition.

To the poster that said to buy a Gilmore lite or the others used since they would trounce the sq of the P-51 or the Micro, my questions is have you heard either the P-51 or Micro? My guess, is based on your comments, probably not.

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 11
mate
smily_headphones1.gif
You were talking about Pico from headamp.com?

Cuz there is alot of "micro" in Your post
smily_headphones1.gif

So now i am wondering if we are talking about mustang p-51 and pico or mustang p-51 and Pico [ the correct one-very portable ]
atsmile.gif

but ye, my knowledge is from here. I haven't heard the amps so they r beyond my reach for test listening. They are great amps for sure. But opinions are divided as far.

Jan 19, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #11 of 11
My answer was to the question asked by the OP between the HR Micro and the P-51. If you want to get direct coparisons between the Pico and Mustang, I'd start a thread to that effect. Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00lunar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mate
smily_headphones1.gif
You were talking about Pico from headamp.com?

Cuz there is alot of "micro" in Your post
smily_headphones1.gif

So now i am wondering if we are talking about mustang p-51 and pico or mustang p-51 and Pico [ the correct one-very portable ]
atsmile.gif

but ye, my knowledge is from here. I haven't heard the amps so they r beyond my reach for test listening. They are great amps for sure. But opinions are divided as far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back