Wherefor art thou, KSC-50?
Oct 13, 2001 at 11:41 PM Post #16 of 28
Hair? Oh yea - I've got some of that stuff on my head........

wink.gif

Oct 14, 2001 at 1:41 AM Post #19 of 28
dude - we're all talkin about the KSC-55 (not the KSC-50)

Oct 14, 2001 at 1:44 AM Post #20 of 28
panoz777, as an owner of both the KSC-50 and the KSC-35, no, the KSC-50's aren't really that much worse than the 35's. They're both awesome! And plus, the 50's are cheaper than the 35's, so it works out, in the end.

(whoops, had to edit it)

Oct 14, 2001 at 1:53 AM Post #21 of 28
gluegun - edit your post - you meant the KSC-50 isn't that much worse than the KSC-35

biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2001 at 4:40 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
panoz777, as an owner of both the KSC-50 and the KSC-35, no, the KSC-50's aren't really that much worse than the 35's. They're both awesome! And plus, the 50's are cheaper than the 35's, so it works out, in the end.

(whoops, had to edit it)

I just got the KSC50's and they sound great
biggrin.gif
. Much better than the mx500's, but not quite as good as my V6's with the Byer pads. Pressing the KSC50's tighter to my ears doesn't improve the sound any, so I can't imagine they sound much worse than the KSC35's, although I've never heard those. The KSC50's do sound good enough to listen to for hours without fatigue, though the clips can get a bit uncomfortable.

Oct 14, 2001 at 6:50 PM Post #25 of 28
This is instructive. Apparently the fit is different with different sets of ears, which shouldn't surprise me, I suppose. Thusfar I had only heard from people who, like me, found the KSC-50's fit to be much looser than the KSC-35, and sacrificed both bass extension and secure fit because of it.

MY KSC-50s sound "just like the 35" when I press them more tightly against my ears (by the way "tight" is a relative term. The KSC-35 is still so comfortable I forget I'm wearing them! I sure wouldn't call them "tight". Perhaps "secure" is a better word.)

If you are one of those who find that the KSC-50 actually fits, more power to you! I wish mine did! At any rate, they sure are purty
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2001 at 2:38 AM Post #26 of 28
i audition for the koss ksc-50... the fit was terrible. and very very uncomfortable for my ear............ what bout the fit the koss ksc-35 is it better than the koss ksc-50?

IMO, the koss ksc-50 sounds like my stock sharp md earbud.... it was
redface.gif
k: sounding.

Oct 16, 2001 at 7:40 PM Post #28 of 28
If the '35s sound like the '50s pressed firmly to the ear, well, our ears must be shaped differently, because when I do that the bass takes on a distinct hitting-a-box-of-cereal-with-a-baseball-bat character.

However, from pictures it seems that the '35s have a thinner earpiece. If so, they may be better for people who wear glasses, even though the '50s presented no problem for me. (Perhaps the thickness of the earpiece plus the templepiece of the glasses gives me an equivalent fit to you holding them down on your ears.)

Maybe that 8-hour flight acclimated me to the '50s, because I often forget that I'm wearing headphones. Then again, I've actually forgotten that I was wearing Senn '580s, too....

Peace,

Jay

NP: "Overture to Candide" - Lenny B/NY Phil over KSC-50s.

Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Walker
This is instructive. Apparently the fit is different with different sets of ears, which shouldn't surprise me, I suppose. Thusfar I had only heard from people who, like me, found the KSC-50's fit to be much looser than the KSC-35, and sacrificed both bass extension and secure fit because of it.

MY KSC-50s sound "just like the 35" when I press them more tightly against my ears (by the way "tight" is a relative term. The KSC-35 is still so comfortable I forget I'm wearing them! I sure wouldn't call them "tight". Perhaps "secure" is a better word.)

If you are one of those who find that the KSC-50 actually fits, more power to you! I wish mine did! At any rate, they sure are purty
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back