Where would you buy the Sennheiser HD800
Dec 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

theroyal10

New Head-Fier
I work for an online audio retailer in the marketing department, and I need some input.

If every reputable online retailer is selling the Sennheiser HD800 for $1499 what is going to make difference in where you buy? They're all offering free shipping and great customer service, so what's going to be that determining factor. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 9
It's highly recommended that you buy audiophile gear used if it'll save you some money in your situation. There's some listings for the HD800 for much lower than that. This listing is quite a deal - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD-800-Headband-Headphones-Silver-/161522479808?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item259b7d72c0

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 9
The answer is obvious: The one that is a head-fi sponsor!!
tongue.gif

Haha, I guess that would be a start. But would it be as simple as that? What other things do you guys consider when making a purchase such as this? 

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 9
Some outlets offer something extra on headphones. It's common for e-tailers to include extra pads for the HE-400, and you might even find a place that throws in an upgraded cable (all for the same MSRP).

See what else can be offered, or if the e-tailer does some loyalty program like points. Just take advantage of whatever you can and see which one has the best value.

Good luck!

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 9
If the price is the same then its all about service, of which most audio companies have little or no knowledge!

Good service results in loyalty, so WHEN I get my HD800s I will go to a dealer I have had good service from before.

Having said that, for something as expensive yet easily available as an HD800, I would go to an actual shop, preferably local.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #7 of 9
If the price is the same then its all about service, of which most audio companies have little or no knowledge!

Good service results in loyalty, so WHEN I get my HD800s I will go to a dealer I have had good service from before.

Having said that, for something as expensive yet easily available as an HD800, I would go to an actual shop, preferably local.

Good to know. Thanks for the info! Do you have a go to local shop or site that you prefer for all audiophile gear?

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 9
I have been buying hifi for 30 years, so yes I have sites and shops I like, and others I avoid like the plague.

Most Head Fi products are not available in London, where I live and work, which is nuts, but for HD800s I would go to Grahams HIFi or another good BADA dealer. BADA are now called Clarity Alliance btw.

I live very very near to a BADA dealer but their attitude stinks.
The only website I would buy such a product from would be Sennheiser direct

My favourite online sites are Gear 4 Music and Advanced MP3, I only buy abroad if I have to, and have begun to like Head Direct and buy frequently from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back