Where to Go From Soundmagic PL-30 and Jlab J2?
Jan 26, 2009 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

InspireD

Head-Fier
Hello,

For the short time that I've been around these forums, I've purchased the Soundmagic PL-30 and Jlab J2 as an introduction to iem's and canalphones. With all the positive reviews, I did not hesitate in buying either. And while they are both good values, they've become a little uninspiring in the past couple weeks.

As of now, it seems like there are two clear contenders for budget-minded individuals. The Phonak's and the Nuforce's. I know there are a bunch of threads on these, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out for my situation.

As of now, I'm a student and money is quite tight. I know both of these iem's are worth way more than their price tag, but I'm not sure which would be right for me. I've seen it written that the Phonak are in a completely different league than the Nuforce. But coming from the PL-30 and J2, would the step up to the Nuforce be significant enough to keep me happy? Or would spending that extra money be worth it. I'm quite confused, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Source is a first gen ipod touch paired with a FiiO e5. Music preferences are mainly rock.

Thank-you

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 4
Sennheiser CX(300-500) range? These are canalphones (not to be inserted deep into your ear) that are known for their bass.

www.Techdepotcanada.com has some good prices on these.

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 4
InspireD Welcome To Head-Fi, And Sorry About Your Wallet. Your title says "Help Me Get out of Budget-Fi. Nuforce NE-7 is pretty Budget-Fi ($59), if you'd be willing to up your budget to say ($135), then I'd suggest Phonak Audeo PFE. I'm also looking at these as my attempt to get out of "Budget-Fi", as I currently use UE Super.Fi 3 Studio ($78). Look at some of the reviews and feedback these are getting, seems to be by far one the best buys for an IEM. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Right now, I'm leaning towards the PFE's with all the praise they've been receiving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser CX(300-500) range? These are canalphones (not to be inserted deep into your ear) that are known for their bass.

TechDepot Canada - Electronics and Accessories Superstore has some good prices on these.

Oops, I forgot to mention I had previously owned the cx300's. I picked them up for cheap during Sennheiser's rebate promotion. I don't really remember their sound, but the cord broke after a month of use. I'm not really interested in another Sennheiser. Thanks though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
InspireD Welcome To Head-Fi, And Sorry About Your Wallet. Your title says "Help Me Get out of Budget-Fi. Nuforce NE-7 is pretty Budget-Fi ($59), if you'd be willing to up your budget to say ($135), then I'd suggest Phonak Audeo PFE. I'm also looking at these as my attempt to get out of "Budget-Fi", as I currently use UE Super.Fi 3 Studio ($78). Look at some of the reviews and feedback these are getting, seems to be by far one the best buys for an IEM. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Haha, thanks. Yeah, perhaps I titled my thread incorrectly. I have since retitled the thread and rewritten the original post. And good luck to you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back