Where to buy Kaisei capacitors in U.S.
Feb 9, 2022 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

edwardsean

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I'm looking for Kaiseis in 100uF/63v, but Parts Connexion does not have them in stock.

Is there another source for these in the U.S. ?

Thanks!

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

I'm looking for Kaiseis in 100uF/63v, but Parts Connexion does not have them in stock.

Is there another source for these in the U.S. ?

Thanks!
Not that I know off. They are made from UK nowadays I think. Anyways, I usually purchases off UK, you can try HifiCollective

Feb 9, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 5
That's great to hear! I've watched as iBasso has steadily progressed, and have looked at some of your contributions.

For myself, I've moved head long into desktop audio building a very complex system around Chord Dave. I auditioned the Bartok and other units, but my system performs far better, though it's also far more expensive.

The thing is Vince, if it weren't for you, I think I would've just bought the Bartok or a Mola Mola Tambaqui+Riviera AIC or Sparkos amp.

The foundation you gave me put me on a path where I'm modding, adapting, building with wonderful results. No matter what Rob Watts says, his creations can be vastly transformed. There is no way I would have ever stayed with the Dave in its stock form!

Right now, I'm upgrading the Sean Jacobs power supply that retrofits into Dave. Vassil, who is Sean Jacob's partner in the U.S. lives just a few minutes away from me. He told me that he doesn't like working on the boards once they are built because he is afraid of damaging traces. I just shook my head. After all that delicate work on those tiny iBasso SMD boards, this is nothing!

My system is completely different from long ago, but the modding approach has been the same. I still find such joy hunching over a board with flux and solder. Also, to this day, every time I'm done putting everything back together, and I flip the on-switch, I hold my breath. I don't know if I'll ever get over the feeling of surprise, relief, and happiness as sweet, purer, music flows out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back