When can we expect a HD800 cable at ALO?
Jan 22, 2009 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Lamenthe

100+ Head-Fier
I know it's a little early, but it was inevitable
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 13
Ya if your impatient go for the SAA for $1400. ya you can afford it, treat yourself.
biggrin.gif
nothing like instant gratification.
regular_smile .gif

In all fairness i am interested in what ALO will offer too, i have several ALO cables and LODs.

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya if your impatient go for the SAA for $1400. ya you can afford it, treat yourself.
biggrin.gif
nothing like instant gratification.
regular_smile .gif

In all fairness i am interested in what ALO will offer too, i have several ALO cables and LODs.

I can get 300 by the wife for a cable but 1400???? Furrr Shurrr Duuuude!

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 13
Hey Guys,

The ALO HD800 cable will not be anywhere near $1400. Second I have tested using these Lemo connectors a long time ago so I am familiar with them. I really do not like them all that much because a few reasons. One the clearance is too small and will severely limit the cable size I am going to be able to use. And finally they are wildly expensive. Outside of these items the connection efficiency of these push pull connectors are excellent.

So while I have some other projects on the fore front, on the front burner (ALO/RWA desk top amp) and my new ALO Sigma-6 Ribbon Wire, the HD800 ALO cable is not on my top things to make. Also I contacted my Sennheiser rep and really got a cold reception / not much help and he seemed generally annoyed with me for some reason? He also poopoo'ed me for wanting to make a aftermarket cable, saying that they stock cable is "silver plated" and this and that? What ev!. I do want to make the HD800 cable though and as soon as I get mine I will work on this and report back.

Thanks for your interest and the thread guys.

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #7 of 13
seems like a really dumb thing to do on Sennheisers part. People want to have items for their headphones. Which means PEOPLE GOING TO BUY THEM first and foremost.

In my eyes, its a win/win. Its like Honda getting mad at people for making turbo kits. More turbos they sell, the more honda's they've sold =)

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Guys,

The ALO HD800 cable will not be anywhere near $1400. Second I have tested using these Lemo connectors a long time ago so I am familiar with them. I really do not like them all that much because a few reasons. One the clearance is too small and will severely limit the cable size I am going to be able to use. And finally they are wildly expensive. Outside of these items the connection efficiency of these push pull connectors are excellent.

So while I have some other projects on the fore front, on the front burner (ALO/RWA desk top amp) and my new ALO Sigma-6 Ribbon Wire, the HD800 ALO cable is not on my top things to make. Also I contacted my Sennheiser rep and really got a cold reception / not much help and he seemed generally annoyed with me for some reason? He also poopoo'ed me for wanting to make a aftermarket cable, saying that they stock cable is "silver plated" and this and that? What ev!. I do want to make the HD800 cable though and as soon as I get mine I will work on this and report back.

ken

any updates,thoughts on a hd-800 cable ken?

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by decur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any updates,thoughts on a hd-800 cable ken?

Hi Decur,

Yes thank you. I have 200 of the connectors on the way, I am having them Cryo'ed at Lees shop (cryo-parts) after which I will being building the cables.
beyersmile.png

Should be ETA for sale and ready end of August.

Cheers!

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #10 of 13
Well I know i made the funny comment at the start but when I do go balanced eventually odds are I will order an ALO cable due to my prior experiences with ALO. I already have three different ALO LODs and they are head and shoulders over all others I have tried.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I know i made the funny comment at the start but when I do go balanced eventually odds are I will order an ALO cable due to my prior experiences with ALO. I already have three different ALO LODs and they are head and shoulders over all others I have tried.

Bless you! no problem on the balanced! That will be in the works, I cant want to get going on these.

Again thank you so much for your support.

ken

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Guys,

ken

what is ALO Sigma-6 Ribbon Wire ken ? headphone cable ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back