What's your definition of "NU-METAL" ?
Dec 17, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #17 of 20
I would define it as Pop-Metal, but that's not to say that I don't like it. I'm pretty much open to everything...nothing matters for me more than enjoyment. This sounds bad, but talent or anything like that doesn't matter so much. Of course someone with talent is more likely to produce a song that I will enjoy, but then again maybe not
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2002 at 8:15 AM Post #18 of 20
What about Disturbed? I was listening to them a while ago... and they're not bad. Well, at least, I like them. Actually this site of all things got me into that kind of music with my first Cradle of Filth and Opeth albums, but all my music money since then has been spent tracking down hard to find electronica. Anyway, I guess it's possible to have good nu-metal bands and bad nu-metal bands. (NOTE: I'm not calling Cradle of Filth or Opeth nu-metal)

Dec 19, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #20 of 20
I am going to be hated for saying this.
I find Slipknot a more agressive version of Mudvayne. I find Mudvayne a more agressive version of Godsmack, I find Kittie just plain cool. These bands, to me sound similar to The Crown, Bloodbath, even Carpathian Forest. No they don't sound alike but there are a lot of similarities.

I do only have one cd by Slipknot I have Iowa, the one I have from Mudvayne is LD50 and I have Spit by Kittie, I also have a Stink Bug cd which more or less fits in there, and I have 2 Godsmack cd's. I think my age is what stops me from liking these artists better. The hatred and angst that they spew is not something I identifiy with. I do like Godsmack and I don't know why I like Kittie but I do. In my book you could call them all nu metal. Which is a more fitting description than calling Motley Crue metal of any kind.

I have not heard Disturbed, but I should. Maybe someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back