What's next after Nirvana Unplugged MTV?
Dec 16, 2002 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

daffa

Head-Fier
I consider Nirvana's Unplugged MTV CD as one of the best album that fit my taste that is live unplugged (full acoustic), good recording and nice songs. I can feel the music thru my Earmax/HD600 combo. Can anybody recommend similar good CDs for me?
Thanks
DJ

Dec 16, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 9
Alice in Chains also did an uplugged mtv show. I have not listened to it through headphones (to judge the reocordings quality) but it does have some good songs on it.

Biggie.

Dec 16, 2002 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 9
STP had a bunch of videos that spawned off of their unplugged performances but never released an album. Alice in Chains' Unplugged was awesome; it's my favorite AiC album by FAR!

Dec 16, 2002 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 9
Neil Young and Eric Clapton Unpluggeds are excellent. Lynyrd Skynyrd did an acoustic cd of their old songs, called Endangered Species, thats very good. There is a hard rock band that did a cd called 5 Man Acoustical Jam, but I cant remember their name. That cd was excellent as well. Wait.....I think it may have been Tesla. All these are well recorded and great music.
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2002 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 9
How about 10,000 Maniacs? Sounds great and the band puts on a fabulous show.

Dec 18, 2002 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Bjork had an MTV unplugged show, but I believe it was only released in Europe (or possibly, not at all?). Anyways, I think the DVD has been released in many markets now, so it may be worth checking out.

I agree that the unplugged CD's are really nice to listen to. I got the Unplugged vol.1 archive, and the KD Lang performance among others really got my attention (attention that I would otherwise not have given them).

slipknot: 10,000 Maniacs is a band from the late 80's-early 90's featuring natalie merchant as their frontwoman/singer before she went solo.

Dec 18, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Bjork had an MTV unplugged show, but I believe it was only released in Europe (or possibly, not at all?). Anyways, I think the DVD has been released in many markets now, so it may be worth checking out.

i have the dvd. it has a u.s. release, i know that much. i've been seeing it in stores more often lately.. it's hip and it's pretty old. before she went nuts (though i love her still) and is wearing a really short dress. rock on!

alice in chains is about as good as you can get after the nirvana, as far as mtv unplugged goes. the lauren hill unplugged is pretty cool too, though i haven't spent a lot of time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back