What's different sound between Imod and ipod ?
Jan 30, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjay_sahani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have not bought it? are you not using it?

Why would you ask this? And I also think that the iMod is great. Its too bad that people think I am using a regular iPod unless I explain it to them and then they are usually just as confused as they were when they first saw the thing attached to an amp.

Jan 30, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #18 of 30
Burn in time is the secret of Sound !
it's need 400 hours to burn the Blackgates, not less and 200 hours for the Vcaps.
To improve the burn in process, i have the issue.
you may choose a good load to optimise the time of Burn in.
The best results can be obtain in 5 days with appropriate load.
And then the sound of your equipement 'll be GREAT.

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #19 of 30
really sorry to bump this old thread

just wanna ask that cool looking keyboard in the pic, how to get one?
also blackgate is said to be notoriously long to burned, my friend said up to 1000 hours, has it improved now?

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you ask this? And I also think that the iMod is great. Its too bad that people think I am using a regular iPod unless I explain it to them and then they are usually just as confused as they were when they first saw the thing attached to an amp.

Ah ah ah i can imagine that!

May 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by indikator /img/forum/go_quote.gif

also blackgate is said to be notoriously long to burned, my friend said up to 1000 hours, has it improved now?

Blackgate are long to burned, that's right.
So the use of a proper load is great to have an quick issue.
If you use 10 k load and a burn in source like burninwavegenerator, sound 'll be ok nearly 400 hours, instead of the 1000 hours .

May 30, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #23 of 30
Wow, I've only been burning in my iMod Jumbo Cryo dock for about 100 hours and it already sounds sweet, another 400 hours and I will probably never leave the house again... Then I'll have to burn in the Auricap dock after that... I really have to stop buying stuff for a while and properly break everything in...

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Bump to answer indikators question,
the setup looks sweet I agree. I just wish I could IMOD my IPhone 3G as it is i'm waiting fot my pico to arrive ;( I just have IPhone 3G->SE530PTH in use but have the Qables IPhone Silvercab pro L O D waiting for the pico.

In answer to your question indikator the keyboard in the photo is a standard mac pro extended keyboard; but it has the Final cut pro (high end video edit soft) quickkeys keyboard map stickers applied. you can buy them seperately, but I don't see the point unless you have FCP.

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #26 of 30
to do with the ohms i reckon
maybe using more current to fool cable into thinking that it is going through the burn in phase only quicker

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #27 of 30
yes,
normaly, your imod is plug with an imod cable (inside black gates caps) or an Pvcap dock to the amp.
imput impedance of the amp can varie (depends of the amp ) bw 50 to 100 kohm (resistivity).
So if you use a plug with only 10 Khoms, burning process'll be more efficient (bw 5 or 10 ).

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #28 of 30
Nice info!

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

That is an Apple keyboard with a keyboard overlay. I think the overlay is for video editing... Final Cut Pro maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back