What's a good 3.5mm input Bluetooth dongle (transmitter)
May 27, 2011 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

geoxile

100+ Head-Fier
That isn't a piece of crap? There are a bunch of generic ones on Ebay and amazon for around 20+ shipping but apparently they apparently fail after just a short while. This is for a wireless headphone set up btw.

May 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 8
Jeez, 130? That's more than my AD700s, wut. Are there any there are decently priced? It's just an accessory that decodes and transmits via bluetooth, how can it be so expensive?

May 28, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 8
actually a bluetooth transmitter for audio output consist of an adc, an encoder and transmitter.
 The technology basically captures the analog signal, then compresses it and transmits it digitally.

If you plan to use one with a computer an usb bluetooth dongle would be  cheaper since it just digital to digital conversion.

Frankly bluetooth audio is bad since everything get recompressed and it relies on the dac and amp built in your receiving device.

I'd rather go with an FM transmitter and a good fm radio if you use a 3.5mm output.
straight up analog.

May 29, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #6 of 8
I'm not sure if an FM transceiver is the best way to go...it'll probably just degrade the sound since it has to stick with the FM spec, which isn't exactly audiophile quality to say the least, and you'll probably be getting interference from local channels too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back