What's a budget (<$200) DAP that works easily with an iPad?
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vurtomatic

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, happy new year!

I'm helping my wife get a DAP that she can use with her Bluetooth earbuds. But she only has an iPad Pro and knowing what a PITA it is to get files onto non-Apple devices, can the forum recommend a DAP that's easy to use with an iPad for a non-techy person? Long battery life would be a bonus.

I haven't been able to find the right information on the forum since the focus is on sound quality.

(I personally use Android File Transfer on a Mac to put files onto my Pixel 7 Pro.)

Jan 8, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 3
I would say it's better to just load music files onto the DAP.
What kind of music audio files are used on the iPad, would assume ALAC?
So find a DAP that can store ALAC files?

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Given an iPad Pro, Bluetooth headphones, ease of use and <$200, it's hard to see beyond an Apple Music subscription and a used iPod touch or iPhone that runs a relatively recent version of iOS. Add an album to their Apple Music Library on the iPad, and it will automatically show up on the iPod/iPhone. Enable automatic downloads, and it will download the files for you too for offline listening.

If you have files that aren't on streaming, add them to a desktop/laptop Apple Music client signed in to their account, and they'll sync across all devices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back