What upgrade cable for Hifiman edition xs.
Dec 19, 2023 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rickee

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have just purchased edition xs and been thinking of a cable upgrade. Being from the UK limits us a bit but hay there is Amazon and Ebay. I have found a UK guy who is selling a pure silver cable for under £100 and lots Chinese silver plated and pure copper for around £20 to £50. So what do we think? Is it worth it buying silver or just get a reasonable price copper? I am using a mojo 2 and Android phone as source.
Thanks.

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #4 of 13
They all sound and measure the same. Durability makes a difference and that it's not microphonic. I've had all the big brands for the business and done blind tests. The best looking is Audiophileninja, Hart Cables last forever, but Youkamoo on Amazon are the best value by far. They just transmit electricity 4-6ft and people think the color of the metal changes bright or warm, it doesn't. I'd just avoid the rock bottom ones like Neomusica since they dont solder joints and stiff microphonic cables are annoying.

Dec 20, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 13
Moondrop Line W cable, great for the price.

Dec 20, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #6 of 13
They all sound and measure the same. Durability makes a difference and that it's not microphonic. I've had all the big brands for the business and done blind tests. The best looking is Audiophileninja, Hart Cables last forever, but Youkamoo on Amazon are the best value by far. They just transmit electricity 4-6ft and people think the color of the metal changes bright or warm, it doesn't. I'd just avoid the rock bottom ones like Neomusica since they dont solder joints and stiff microphonic cables are annoying.
I have three cables from Audiophile Ninja and can vouch for their quality. They are reasonably priced also.

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #11 of 13
I cannot say enough good things about this silver plated OCC copper cable from NewFantasia:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J2J3MCW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like many folks I was skeptical of cables making a difference until I finally purchased my XS which IMHO sounds notably different to my ears depending on which cables are used. I personally prefer using them with the Dekoni Elite Fenestrated Pads which dramatically improve the comfort but have a side effect of dulling the high end a tad. I tried numerous different cables (some of them sounding very bizarre such as the youkamoo which I would not recommend) & the NewFantasia silver plated OCC copper cable gives just a little extra sparkle to the top end that breathes life into the XS & restores the lost highs from the Dekoni pads. I also just purchased these Tirstrup pure silver cables that sound FANTASTIC if you are willing to spend a little more:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6KFPGGX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Sound signature is in a similar direction to the NewFantasia but with an even more detailed and sparkly top end, yet with even deeper reach sub bass to boot.

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #12 of 13
I cannot say enough good things about this silver plated OCC copper cable from NewFantasia:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J2J3MCW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like many folks I was skeptical of cables making a difference until I finally purchased my XS which IMHO sounds notably different to my ears depending on which cables are used. I personally prefer using them with the Dekoni Elite Fenestrated Pads which dramatically improve the comfort but have a side effect of dulling the high end a tad. I tried numerous different cables (some of them sounding very bizarre such as the youkamoo which I would not recommend) & the NewFantasia silver plated OCC copper cable gives just a little extra sparkle to the top end that breathes life into the XS & restores the lost highs from the Dekoni pads. I also just purchased these Tirstrup pure silver cables that sound FANTASTIC if you are willing to spend a little more:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6KFPGGX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Sound signature is in a similar direction to the NewFantasia but with an even more detailed and sparkly top end, yet with even deeper reach sub bass to boot.
Id recommend people to avoid that new fantasia cable. It's stiff as hell.
Nevermind all the nonsense about the cable changing the sound signature...

Rather get some cheap AliExpress ones from lunashop or moondrop, tripowin etc.
Way better ergonomics for a ver similar price.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #13 of 13
Hi, I have just purchased edition xs and been thinking of a cable upgrade. Being from the UK limits us a bit but hay there is Amazon and Ebay. I have found a UK guy who is selling a pure silver cable for under £100 and lots Chinese silver plated and pure copper for around £20 to £50. So what do we think? Is it worth it buying silver or just get a reasonable price copper? I am using a mojo 2 and Android phone as source.
Thanks.
https://oidiosound.co.uk/headphone-cables
These guys rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back