What is your age/occupation?
Apr 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #288 of 298
51. Chemical engineer working in the oil industry. Also own a small business.

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #289 of 298
19, full-time web and multimedia design student but I also work as a translator (Swedish-French/French-Swedish) for a Swedish company. 

May 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #291 of 298
44 now disabled - been involved in music/computers/electronics in various ways most of my life, from building electric guitars, to DJing in clubs, to working onsite government contracts for "a major computer manufacturer" - rhymes with smell :wink:.

Learned to solder when I was 11, building early PC peripherals like tape recorder storage adapters. Built and installed those ridiculous sound systems for cars throughout high school for extra money. I did learn how to tune the old EQLs, though. It was fun making the pebbles in the parking lot bounce when those bad boys got cranked up though.

May 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #292 of 298
26 going on 27 in a couple of months.

Spent the last 5 years working as a Field Engineer/Measurement While Drilling (MWD) Engineer for an Oil and Gas Services company. Will be finishing up my last few days, as I transition to being a Subsidence Engineer for one of the major Oil and Gas Production companies later this month. Also working on completing my PhD simultaneously.

May 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #294 of 298
15 years old! Occupation: using the headphones my dad (a fellow head-fier!) buys I mean, high school.

May 8, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #295 of 298
51, Hired Network Grunt / Screw Turner for a local computer repair shop.

May 9, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #297 of 298
Age 40.  Scanner operator.  We take people's old documents (in bulk)and scan them.  Then they get transferred to cd/dvd/usb to be installed on the customers pcs along with the appropriate software to view them and the original docs get recycled to free up space.   One of the best bits about the job is that I can use headphones most of the  day if I want!

Cheers.

May 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #298 of 298
Quote:
Age 40.  Scanner operator.  We take people's old documents (in bulk)and scan them.  Then they get transferred to cd/dvd/usb to be installed on the customers pcs along with the appropriate software to view them and the original docs get recycled to free up space.   One of the best bits about the job is that I can use headphones most of the  day if I want!

Cheers.

^^
beerchug.gif
I'm turning 40 next week.
confused.gif

When did that happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back