What is Todd's Return Policy?
Aug 14, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #16 of 16
Some higher-end audio brick and mortar stores I frequent allows one to demo a floor item with a deposit and a credit card on record. I think it would make sense for an online headphone retailer to have the same policy, i.e., rent broken in headphones for xx dollars per week for trial and a credit card on record in case it never returns. The selection would depend on whether it's the current trend or not, I would think. The retailer can then include the packaging (obviously) and a return label (ala Netflix, blockbuster online) as part of the rental fee. This item is then sold off at year end clearances as a floor model, as new models come in. I don't know what you would call it, it can be B-stock depending if it's only used once, etc.

As someone new, I think this is appealing. I can audition on my gear for a modest fee and not have to deal with purchasing and returning. In the end, I may end up getting stuff at a higher price bracket due to the ease of trials. It's not exactly like I can go to a place that stocks a good selection of broken in headphones and set up a lawnchair for a day and order pizza.

I think this could potentially minimize the impact the retailer may see if there is the turnaround that is expressed in this thread.

Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back