What is the BEST way getting sound out of a PC ?
Sep 30, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have heard differently from a contact who says the audio quality isnt quite upto par with the full

heres a comparision chart from trends

it clearly shows the clock accuracy in the full is better specced than the lite.

you can see it hinted at here: desktop audio DA page (bottom right product)

"slimmed down version of the award winning UD-10.1. Very nearly the same sound quality and features at a fraction of the price. "

Here is a link comparing several USB converters, including the Trends:
ramblings computer based audio

And the winner is:.....
ksc75smile.gif

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Sep 30, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #47 of 55
absolutely, steve, if you care to read my last few posts back on this thread, i have even recommended and provided links to your site for other head-fiers. they are clearly head and shoulders above the lightweight units like the trends etc and i allude to this.

i have read that article previously, it makes a good read indeed.

just a shame you came in and bigged up yourself
redface.gif
, when i already did it for you a few posts back
wink.gif

and regarding your PM, i totally agree, this is not news to me at all, hence me stating that i will most likely end up with an off ramp down the line.

cheers

Sep 30, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

absolutely, steve, if you care to read my last few posts back on this thread, i have even recommended and provided links to your site for other head-fiers. they are clearly head and shoulders above the lightweight units like the trends etc and i allude to this.

i have read that article previously, it makes a good read indeed.

just a shame you came in and bigged up yourself
redface.gif
, when i already did it for you a few posts back
wink.gif

and regarding your PM, i totally agree, this is not news to me at all, hence me stating that i will most likely end up with an off ramp down the line.

cheers

Thanks for the plugs, and look forwared to having you as a customer.

Best regards,
Steve N.

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #49 of 55
I currently have a Mac Mini going optical into a CI Audio VDA2 DAC. I would like to go coax out to my DAC. Is it better to get a USB/Firewire converter or go optical into a DIP Classic?

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

steve N,

any timescale for when the off ramp turbo 3 is being released for sale?

i would hate to buy the 2 now and then the three come out.

thanks for any info

Off-Ramp 3 is already in production. It is not on the website because a totally new website is being developed, launch is Jan1.

I can send you an Off-Ramp 3 brochure if you email me.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Nov 26, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #52 of 55
@steve, thanks for your reply, yeah i will take a brochure of the 3 for down the line, i have just bought a turbo 2 AES version second hand

out of interest, would you be able to undertake work on an existing unit, possibly comprising of swapping the output format from AES to a female coax plug? no biggie if not as i will have to use an xlr to BNC neutrik impedance transformer block but would ideally like the least conversions in the path

cheers for any info

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #54 of 55
Quote:

@steve, thanks for your reply, yeah i will take a brochure of the 3 for down the line, i have just bought a turbo 2 AES version second hand

out of interest, would you be able to undertake work on an existing unit, possibly comprising of swapping the output format from AES to a female coax plug? no biggie if not as i will have to use an xlr to BNC neutrik impedance transformer block but would ideally like the least conversions in the path

cheers for any info

Yes, I can make those changes. Email me at:
nugent@empiricalaudio.com

the path is simpler if you go S/PDIF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back