What is the best audio editing/recording software?
Jan 11, 2005 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

indecent chords

New Head-Fier
Like the title says...maybe including apps in different price ranges as well. (I have an 0404 if that makes any difference in the choosing)

Jan 11, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm on a mac but I hate the chance to use Soundforge on a PC and I'm jealous. Nice sensible program.

Jan 11, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Audacity is a great free recording/edition program.

That's what I use. It's great and easy to use (didn't use to be this way though.
eek.gif
)

Jan 12, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 10
If you need just a good WAV recorder and editor than you might take a look at GoldWave. I've tried everyone I could find and still prefer this one. It's about US$45.

GoldWave Home Page

If you need something for multi-track recording and don't want to break the bank than check out Tracktion. Up until a short time ago it was being supported solely by the individual who wrote it from the ground up but Mackie got wind of it and now they bundle it with their Spike recording system. (and sell it as a stand-alone app) It's one of the most intuitive programs I've used and it's only US$80.

Tracktion Home Page

Jan 12, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #7 of 10
For the studio work I do, On mac I use Protools LE, mainly for tracking (since the protools machine has snakes into the good sounding rooms). For the actual editing and mixdown I use Cubase SX 2.0 and Wavelab 4.0. I have lots of plugins for each, the mainstay of which being the Waves platinum bundle! I get amazing results, and Wavelab, for my tastes and experience, is a more powerful and flexible program then soundforge.

-Z

Jan 12, 2005 at 8:11 AM Post #8 of 10
Wavelab, Pyramix Native, ..

Jan 12, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 10
I use Sound Forge with good success for solo instrumental and piano/ instrumental... SForge only has 2 track recording. A pricy program but can do a lot. If you're doing more eleaborate mixing look for another program. White Noise reduction for really clean audio apps is not acceptable. If doing burning from records or tapes, this www shows some good pre-sets.. You can look at the page and plug in the settings and save it under whatever title you like.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/restoration/audio/faq.htm

Jan 14, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back