What IEM to buy
Dec 26, 2008 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

1audioz

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I [now] have exactly $80 AUD to spend and I would like what IEM I should buy with my money. At the moment I am eye-ing two models [edited]

previously; Head-Direct RE2, Vsonic R02-Pro
Now: Sound Magic PL-30, OVC TC20

I am coming from a pair of Creative EP-630s which are okay for the $32 I bought them for. However, ever since I bought my Audio-Technica AD700, I can't help but notice their inferiority to my cans.

I wear glasses, so I would like to know whether anyone in the Head-Fi community who wears thick square 'top-framed' glasses with their IEMs. As a result I could potentially factor in the over-the-ear loop IEMs are

UPDATE: See Post #6

Thanks.

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 8
I Have had Glasses since I was three y/o I have Hearyourself.com C-3 custom IEM's and I have had no fit problems, Cable issues, or sweat problems. Now thier lowest priced IEM's are the Alien Ears AE1 Single driver which include a free impression kit. ( International shipping at site) I'm not sure of the exchange rate. My Son has the AE1's and loves them.

Dec 27, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Hmmm. I don't really like the idea of doing the impressions myself, but I have considered LiveWires before which look fairly good too...or the low-end UEs.

I've had a look at my wishlists and I've still noticed the Sound Magic PL-30s - would these be much better than the models I've mentioned?

Dec 27, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 8
You won't find an earphone for that price that aren't inferior to AD700. Or for much higher price for that matter.

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #6 of 8
ER6i's would be too expensive to buy.

Firstly, I'd like to say I'm restricted by such a small amount of money as my parents are already set on getting my belated xmas present - the MSI Wind U100.

If I were to change this "gift", what IEM would be superior to the AD700 in the 150+ USD range? (Maximum is 600 AUD)

Quote:

You won't find an earphone for that price that aren't inferior to AD700. Or for much higher price for that matter.

I second that. Would LiveWires/SuperFi 5 Pro/other custom IEMs be superior/equal to the light, balanced sound signature of the AD700?

Thanks

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #7 of 8
ER6i's would be too expensive to buy.

Firstly, I'd like to say I'm restricted by such a small amount of money as my parents are already set on getting my belated xmas present - the MSI Wind U100.

If I were to change this "gift", what IEM would be superior to the AD700 in the 150+ USD range? (Maximum is 600 AUD)

Quote:

I second that. Would LiveWires/SuperFi 5 Pro/other custom IEMs be superior/equal to the light, balanced sound signature of the AD700?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back