What have i done!!!!!
Nov 18, 2002 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cyanide

Head-Fier
I hate when i do things like this....
well being a curious one and also after a bit of comfort from my Koss KSC-50's i did the unthinkable and opend them up by popping the transducer out and fiddling around with the internal spring mechanisim that causes the clip to "spring back". I knew i had screwed it when i unsrewed the single screw in the whole thing and heard a click , you know that evil sounding click of something that will never go back to how it was. To my dismay i found that the spring was pre-tensioned during construction and i couldnt do anything to change how hard it pressed against my ear but i couldnt get it back to how it was.

...... I actualy left this post as i had a brain flash of how to fix it, and after 90 frustrating minutes i got it all back in one peice hooray for me (the KSC-50's are my only headphones at the moment)........

Strangely enough i dont know , but they sound better now than they did before.... Maybe its because i value them much more and the thought of life without them would either cost me money (ive been eyeing off Senn HD497's for quite a while...) or my daily serving of music.

I think thats enough rambling for one day.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 5
i gave up on my spring ideas and so i have simply taped some foam around the clips.
BTW how does everyone else wear these?
i twist them as far as i can and the plastic part of the clip presses againts my ear (hene the unconfortable feelings and pain after taking them off). The foam has fixed this now though.

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 5
Heh, I've resisted the urge to fiddle too much with my headphones, I usually end up with a single spare part left over after reassembly of things. Or spare screws.

I usually just hook my ksc-50s over my ear... nothing special, I've bent the clips a little to make them a little more comfortable, but I use my 35s more.

Nov 18, 2002 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 5
The first week that I owned and wore my KSC-50's, I swore I would sell them off because they were so uncomfortable (and because I was uncomfortable with them). But now, I do not even notice when they are on my ears, and that sore feeling from the plasticky part doesn't even happen anymore.

Nov 18, 2002 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 5
I must have very average ears because the KSC-50's are very comfortable in my experience. I have bent the flexible tip piece a little to get a tighter fit for exercising but I have no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back