What happened to Pioneer SP-FS51-LR Floorstanding Speakers and why can't I find them anywhere?
Jan 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kodhifi

500+ Head-Fier
Back in July or August I picked up a pair of these loudspeakers for $99 from newegg and after a few months of burning in they easily became the best speakers in my house except for my studio monitors. Now I want a second pair for my bedroom and it looks like they were discontinued. I don't get it, these are the best speakers Pioneer has put out at the consumer level in many years and they just stop making them? Why god why!!!!!!!

Can anybody make recommendations on an equivalent speaker that is still in production? I found these to be exceptionally clear, with the best passive crossover network I've seen in a consumer speaker, and listening to music on them is more like listening on audiophile headphones where as most of the consumer speaker pairs I've heard are more like listening on crappy Bose headphones.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 2
They were replaced with a new model.

Unfortunately they didn't replace the very nice larger bookshelf speakers.. they nixxed those.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=250-658

Users who are viewing this thread

Back